ODOO, formerly known as OpenERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), is a platform that companies can use to easily manage the basics of the company such as materials and warehouse management, human resources, finance, accounting, sales and many other enterprise features.
But why to choose ODOO an OpenERP system only as there are many other systems are available in market?
Many possibilities but few notes I have mentioned below. Here you go,
- The word Odoo is the acronym of On Demand Open Object. Why Odoo? - "On Demand Open Object"
- Odoo is a large collection of business-related applications and modules like CRM, Sales management, E-commerce, Warehouse management, Purchase management, Accounting suit, Manufacturing management, HRMS etc.
- All these basic modules collectively called as Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Odoo ERP has more than 14,000 third party Apps/Plugins available in its app store.
- Series of better words for ODOO are It is open source, Flexible, Scalable, Custom Ready-made Apps, Global Support, Proven Product, User-Friendly, Up to date with Technology, Highly Modular, Easily Integrate with Third-party services, Industry-Specific Modules, Less Implementation Cost, Less implementation Time Frame.
Any company can get it implemented, there are many authorized service partners around the world provides Odoo implementation and related services to its users.
There are two type professionals who can perform Odoo implementation services.
1. Odoo ERP Developer
2. Odoo ERP Techno functionalist
Odoo can be implemented in two ways. Either you can host it on any server (preferably Linux based) or you can use it locally. It depends on the user needs. In both cases the basic implementation steps are:
1. Install basic Odoo
2. Set up the load balancing if you need
3. Set up the database
4. Install Odoo applications
5. Install customized apps if any
6. Configure the basic master like company info, users details etc.
7. Configure user wise access levels
8. And use it :)
Mainly, Odoo is a license free software combining all the features of traditional ERP as well as providing additional modules for the business aspects. It is widely accepted now a days to manage different scales companies. Not only in the Production Sector but also in Service Sectors, Educational, Health, Logistic and almost in all major sectors, this versatile software has been accepted wholeheartedly.
I think that Odoo is a suitable solution for small and medium companies. The good thing is that you can try it for free and check whether you like it.
We at Briskstar Technologies are an evolving IT services Company offering enterprise software solutions in the areas of ERP, ECM and e-Commerce serving a wide range of Customers across the globe. All our services are offered on top of open source platform which makes all your IT needs affordable and promising.